Removing Flat Warts – Here are the 2 Categories of Removal Methods
There are 2 main categories when trying to find and figure out your best choice. You dont want to spend years and so much wasted time, so here’s a breakdown for you:
- Your Doctor or a Specialist
- Treating it yourself
Both of these categories have sub-categories, but nothing to complicated to understand.
Going to your Doctor
Good old Doctor… Most people usually star with over the counter med’s and home treatment.
If you have had set back and are looking for more help, you may also consider professional Specialist if your situation is bad.
Each person is different and a doctor might give you sound advice to making your best choice for want you want to do. For many individuals this usually happens after repeated setbacks using over the counter wart removal treatments.
Your physician hasare various types of treatments and procedures that can be used.
Here is a list of them:
- Excision – This is a skin moles removal surgical procedure where local anesthesia is usually administered prior to the treatment. This method can be of two types namely excision with stitches and excision with cauterization. In the case of excision with stitches the growth is physically cut completely out. Stitches are then applied. In the case of excision with cauterization the growth is burned by an appropriate tool. Generally stitches may not be applied in this case.
- Cryosurgery – Liquid nitrogen is circulated into a tool in order to bring its temperature to very low levels. The cells of the skin mole are destroyed by the very low temperatures. The growth dies because the cells burst off with the low temperatures and because the supply of blood to the cells of the growth is interrupted. This involves the use of an instrument to freeze your flat warts. Cryosurgery is used to treat many other types of warts as well.This flat warts treatment is even being used in the treatments of some cancers.
- Shave biopsy – This skin moles removal procedure can be applied in the case where the skin mole is above the surface of the skin. An instrument is used to remove the part of the growth that is above the skin level.
- Electro surgery – This involves the use of heat that is produced from an electric current to kill your warts.
- Laser therapy – A concentrate beam of light is directed to the skin mole in order to destroy the cells its cells. Laser therapy may not be so efficient to treat growths that are deep inside the skin. This involves the use of a laser to kill your warts.
- Prescription medicine – Your physician may prescribe the appropriate medication depending on your particular case.
For the above types of surgical flat wart removal methods you may be given numbing agents. You may have some discomforts both during and after the treatment. This will depend on various factors.
Not all the types of treatment mentioned above is adequate to treat you flat warts. You should discuss your situation with your physician.
Home remedies and Over the counter Treatments
Over the counter:
Over the counter medication – Many of these medications are based on acids and therefore can cause a lot of scaring. Further more it is of the utmost important that the skin mole to be treated with over the counter medicine is not cancerous. If you are in doubt seek medical advice first. Never use over the counter medication on cancerous growths.
There are various types of over the counter wart removal medicine that can help you to treat your flat warts. These came in many forms such as lotions, creams. patches and drugs. Some of these medications may be quite acidic and may also destroy your healthy skin.
Treating flat warts by over the counter medications may take several weeks or months. This may also involve a lot of commitment from your own part.
- Home treatment – Home treatments have been used for many years. These include the application of easily find ingredients such as garlic, baking soda, honey, cauliflower juice and other ingredients. It is very important that if you have a suspicious skin mole to seek medial advice immediately. Do not use any home treatment on cancerous growths.
All the above skin moles removal treatments have their advantages and disadvantages. The degree of scarring and healing time depends on many factors. Be well informed about all the characteristic and side effects of the treatments before undergoing any skin moles removal procedure.
Alternative and home treatments for warts may also be used. These methods have been used for many years. These may include the use of vinegar, garlic and other ingredients. Some of these methods are an effective flats wart cure.